Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Flag Day, 2017

Today is Flag Day.

  "It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States,
which happened on June 14, 1777."
per Wikipedia
  
Wow ! 
 
Our flag is 240 years old !!!
  
Thank you, Betsy Ross.
 
We quilters like to make Patriotic quilts
to display on
Memorial Day, Flag Day, The 4th of July, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, etc.
 
I thought I'd share a few I've made...
 
 

This was made just after 9/11 in memory of our dear friend, David W Bernard, who died of injuries sustained in New York City.

 
I call this one, "Memorial Stars," for my dad, who served during WWII.
 
 
This is called "Strippy Stars" from Jo's Little Women Club #8, 2009. 
 
 
Below is "High Street," where, as a kid, I'd climb to watch the fireworks.
 
 
 
Not only is today Flag Day, but Facebook says it's Sewing Machine Day,
so...
I went out and bought a new one !
And what a beauty...
 
 
Guess I better get stitchin' !
 

And sew I sew on...

QLTR,

Jeanne

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment