Sunday, October 24, 2010

Light's Out !

It's an overcast, gray, misty day and I'd hoped to spend some of it working on The Baby Quilt , but my overhead full-spectrum light, in my sewing room, decided to flicker and fade to black !    Good thing I have two table and one floor Ott lamps !   Hopefully, those will do until DL can replace bulbs ...

Yesterday I taught my first class - Beginner Hand-Piecing.   Three students registered for the class, but one called-in sick.   As it was, two was fine and we had a great time.   Working with Donna Lynn Thomas' Portable Patchwork book, I shared  template preparation, straight and curved seams and intersection stitching.    Since there were only two students, I was able to stitch right along with them.   Here's a photo of my little 5 1/4" block...


After dinner, I prepared more fabric pieces to continue the project...



Always nice to have a take-along project.    This time of the year, I find it motivating to work with Holiday fabrics, this being North Woods Botanical by Holly Taylor for Moda. I bought several charm packs when I was in Lancaster County last year, so have plenty to finish this project.  

Our son, his wife and their two daughters (the baby, being only a week old) will visit today for Sunday dinner... Corinne's ribs, roasted potatoes, veggie, and some kind of apple dessert.    Best I get crackin' !!!
And Sew On...
Jeanne




     

No comments:

Post a Comment