Monday, January 10, 2011

Dedecking the Halls

Christmas 2010 was very special for me b/c my li'l sister, Laurie, was here with us.    It's been three and a half years since we've seen each other and eleven years since we spent Christmas together.   This is only one of the reasons why stowing away Christmas is particularly difficult this year...

Taking down the tree is literal at our house - we hang our tree from the beams.   Sure beats those awful contraptions, in which the tree never stands straight.      So, anyway, the tree is back outside, where it belongs, propped up to look natural, until dear husband gets the ax and chipper out in the spring !   Lovely thought... 
  

Each year, I set up our Lang Folk Art Village and since my dear 3-year old granddaughter still has Christmas in her eyes and, mostly, because change is not easy for me, it's still displayed on my Grandpa's antique desk...


But the boxes are ready anytime I am... 


It is winter, even though we don't have much of that white stuff (so little, that my dear husband used his leaf blower to clear the dusting on the driveway yesterday - Yes, that wasn't a typo, he used his leaf blower), so the snow people and a little Christmas reminder remain on my kitchen window sill...


A few years ago, at one of those after Christmas sales, I bought this Jim Shore music box...


Just so you know I did do some stitching during the holidays, here's a (Holly Taylor, Northwoods Botanical) Li'l Twister Wreath, that WILL be completed this week...


And I am working on the projects for the new #10 Jo's Little Women Club (first meeting January 27).   Amy's Choice quilt top completed yesterday...


So, life goes on, even though I'm not ready for it to, and the snow will come, but I will keep the holiday decor out as long as I can get away with it because memories of Christmases Past warm my heart.

And Sew On...
Jeanne 




3 comments:

  1. I truly love the photo of the tree back outside. What a gorgeous tree you had and it looks so peaceful. Poor thing has no idea what is about to happen. And just to make you feel better, I still have a bin behind my living room chair too. :) Waiting to make sure all the Christmas placemats, hand towels, etc make it through the wash before I haul it up to the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your twister wreath came out nicely! So much fun to do. Glad you got to spend Christmas with your sister! I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun making Li'l Twister Wreath? I made one, then the next one with Valentine's version is on its way... Too much fun around!!

    ReplyDelete