Saturday, May 14, 2011

Busy ! Busy ! Busy !

The bus trip to see Infinite Variety, in NYC, was the motivation for making my red and white.  This little (13" square) quilt pays tribute to that wonderful exhibit.    It's hand-quilted - that's why it's taking time to complete.    Well... it's, finally, presentable.   Just need to attach the sleeve and label.


For the past several years, I have been fortunate to spend a long, quilting weekend with friends at the Henry Farm Inn, in Chester, VT.    

This year I made A Little Somethin' Jacket (by CNT Pattern Company)
and my version of Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels (by Primitive Gatherings).  
It's REALLY itty bitty at only 10 1/2" square.   I used a charm pack of Kansas Troubles' Favorites and cut the 5" squares twice to begin my quilt with 2 1/2" squares.   How cute is this !



Ta Da... yesterday I finished my version of Jo Morton's Lizzy's Little Quilt top, that will be introduced to Jo's Little Women Club this coming Thursday.    If you're a member of our club, here's a sneak peek...


Now it's time to get some real work done...  this house is a disgrace !

And sew on...

Jeanne


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous finishes! I love your red & white quilt of course - I love anything in red :) as well as your itty bitty Twister quilt!! I've been making mine from 3 1/2" squares, but yours seems to be a lot smaller than that! Amazing!!!JLW's club project is looking nice, too. I was in #9 some time ago and still have the tops need to be quilted...

    ReplyDelete