Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Works in Progress

Here are a few photos of my worktable:

Wild Rose from Marti Mitchell and Maywood

Tri Recs - first time I've tried this technique to make pinwheels

First pinwheel set completed

Can you guess what I'm working on ?       hmmmmm - sure doesn't look like a Fall inspired project, does it ?   

Could it be ?     hmmmmm - a, a, a baby quilt ?    

A B S O L U T E L Y  !   And another baby girl at that.    Our son and his wife are presenting us with another granddaughter,  due in November...    Their 3-year-old daughter, Sweetie Pie Pie (that's what I call her and she, actually, answers to) aka "Big Sister," will be a hands-on participant. 

More photos w/b posted as the quilt progresses, so stay tuned...


Being a typical quilter (whatever that is), I have several projects in progress at all times.   My week with friend and Featherweight on Cape Cod (see a previous post), produced Organized Chaos, the quilt top shown below, ready for quilting:



I always have a hand-stitching project to work on while watching a movie or one of my favorite TV programs.    In April, I was fortunate to find a jelly roll of Civil War Homefront by Barbara Brackman for Moda at 1/2 price.   And at the same time, I became hooked on Hexies !   Here is a photo of my hexie project in "my" chair:


Before I start sewing today, the outdoors beckons.    Wouldn't you want to go for a walk too, if it'd been raining for the past two days and the view from your front door looked like this?


And sew on...
       Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment