Thursday, May 6, 2010

Guild, Jo sighting, Meghan Day

Last night, was my guild's May Guild meeting. After the usual Squanicook Colonial Quilt Guild business meeting, Cathy Miller, a well-known quilter and folksinger/songwriter from Victoria, BC, Canada, along with her husband, John, presented an extremely entertaining program of song and quilts. Check out her website: http://www.singingquilter.com/ for more information.

If you're as interested in Jo Morton fabric and designs as I am, you will be interested in
Quiltmaker's Summer 2010 issue of Small Quilts. log on to www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=12405 to see Stars Over Texas.

Today was "Meghan Day" at my house - that is, my 2 1/2 year-old granddaughter, Meghan, spent the day with me. On "Meghan Days" I don't get near my sewing machine, but when she arrives and the first thing she says is, "Gammy, I need my fabwick," that's all I need. She's also renamed my Bright Tessellations to The Picnic Quilt, while we had a pretend picnic on the family room floor.
What can I say ? Life really is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment