Friday, May 14, 2010

Signature Blocks, Tea Bag Wallet, Jeanne's Book List

"Jo and the Prairie Hands Stichers" Yahoo Group recently offered a friendship/signature block exchange. 135 members, at least one from each of the United States and some from out of country, signed up. We were instructed to make 135 Signature Blocks - Kindred Spirits pattern is found in Jo Morton's book, Vintage Journey. My 135 blocks were completed yesterday and priority mailed to the exchange hostess today. Photo of my blocks below. In July I should receive 135 blocks, one from each of the participants. Next, a quilt will be set with the blocks received. What fun to be a part of this exchange!



During our April 29, Jo's Little Women Club, members were shown how to make a Tea Bag Wallet. Photos of finished project are below.








While sewing, I often listen to audio books. Currently, a Jennifer Chiaverini novel, The Quilter's Homecoming is in my player. When I take a break from sewing, I like to sit outside in the sun with a book. At present, I am reading A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick. If you like to read quilt-related novels, you might want to check out her website, www.mariebostwick.com , to preview her books and writing style. I, for one, am really enjoying this book and have the next two in the series, so have my summer reading all set.
The sun is out, so I'm headed outside with my book.
Hope you all have a great weekend...











































No comments:

Post a Comment