Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Quick Trip to the Citee !

What a fun day !   Left New Hampshire 6:30AM - Arrived New York City 11:30AM.   Believe it or not, the bus trip was fun - I haven't laughed so much in quite some time.
Made some new friends and played some fun games...   
Before the trip, I'd emailed our tour guide the "Just One Star" info from Moda... She challenged all 45 travellers to make "Just One Star."   
We ended up with 35.  
I promised to mail them to Moda for her.   Lots of red and white stars.    
Here's a photo of the blocks on my design wall:


Infinite Variety:  Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts   
I've never seen so many beautiful quilts in one place - the exhibit design was incredible.   
Thank you, Mrs Rose, for sharing your beautiful quilts.  
I will never ever forget March 28, 2011.  
Here are some photos taken by my friend, Denene:

The sign outside the Park Avenue Armory:


View from entrance hall:


Focal point, signifying the quiltmakers:


The unique installation:


Admiring quilts:

A couple close ups:



On our way out of the city, our bus driver, Dominic, took us on a whirlwind tour...  Cityscape includes Empire State Building:


And sew on...
~ Jeanne

1 comment: